01 August 2010

August?

Yes, if you can believe it, it's August already. This summer is literally flying by, and today I realized that almost every second of the next month is accounted for. Now, I am really excited for the next few weeks, don't get me wrong, but how crazy is that! I feel like I was just starting my fly, fancy lifestyle as a working girl, and now I'll be heading back to Jefferson-Land before I know it!

This weekend was filled with excellent company, and it involved: lots of driving and fun CD's, Maureen's Kitchen, SNL digital shorts, the beach, a lifeguard triathlon contest (we won, NBD), volleyball, Mannino's and some loud-talkers, pool time, hot tub time, the clams casino, getting lost, Short Beach, cliff diving, shark attacks, making unreasonable requests (like asking to be carried to the car in a beach chair), a BBQ with tequitos and far too many tostitos, SNL hosted by Ashton Kutcher, this funny video, lots of bagels, lots of pancakes, a lovely hike, ice cream and lots of samples, putting music on far too loud, Crazy Pete, and some quality bonding time with the GPS, and enjoying the sights of this damn loud Island.

Overall, a positive experience. Rockstars of the Day are my lovely visitors, and Enrique, for providing arguably the greatest summer-jam song of the summer. P&B. Tomorrow marks the beginning of Party-Train Month, so if you're riding the LIRR for the next three days, don't forget your dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment